Monday 7 September 2015

Music of the Abstract: My White Bicycle by Tomorrow



I like psychedelic music. Psychedelic culture in general. I can't deny the hippies made some terrible mistakes, but the music was at least inspired and innovative. As a heavy metal fan I have to thank the existence of psychedelic rock instantly, and the various audio innovations and experiments a simple, silly sounding ditty could have are wonderful to hear. I discovered Tomorrow in a compilation of psychedelic bands, the sole album sadly of a band who were unfairly treated to the point even the LP cover couldn't be in colour for cost. My White Bicycle is a song about riding a bicycle, a charming one, but it's the backward sound loops and the guitar solo played in reverse that stands out the most and why I play the song continually. If only Tomorrow were able to have released a second LP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment